WHAT IS MENTAL HEALTH?
Mental health encompasses our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and behave, and plays a crucial role in our overall well-being. When discussing mental health in the context of treating conditions like anxiety, depression, stress, and more, it emphasizes the importance of recognizing and addressing the impact of these conditions on individuals' mental well-being.
Treating mental health conditions involves a range of approaches, including therapy and medication. At our clinic, Absolute Health Wellness, we focus on evidence based nutraceuticals, lifestyle modifications, self-care practices.
Moreover, promoting mental health involves creating supportive environments, reducing stigma, and fostering resilience. It entails providing access to mental health resources, encouraging open conversations about mental health, and promoting self-care practices such as exercise, mindfulness, and maintaining social connections.
By acknowledging the importance of mental health and providing comprehensive support, we can contribute to a society that values emotional well-being and offers effective treatment for conditions like anxiety, depression, stress, and more.
WHO SHOULD I SEE AT ABSOLUTE HEALTH AND WELLNESS?
We have naturopaths who have many tools to help with your mental health. All of our treatments are evidence based, and we often use a combination of tools to help.
HOW WE COMMONLY TREAT TO OPTIMIZE MENTAL HEALTH
- Supplements (Herbs, Vitamins, Minerals): many natural substances have strong human research showing they can be effective in treating various mental health disorders
- Lifestyle and Behavior Modification: the things we do everyday such as diet, exercise and sleep have huge impacts on mental health
- Acupuncture: naturopaths in Ontario are licensed to administer acupuncture, which has been shown in research to be highly effective in treatment and management of anxiety, depression, stress managmenet and more
- Nutrition and Diet: the food we eat plays a role in our health, including our mental health
- Specialized Testing: in some cases, testing can be helpful when we need more specific insights on biochemical imbalances such as neurotransmitters, mitochondrial function and more
Every person is different, and our mental health status can present differently for everyone, so we always take an individualized approach to treating your overall mental health.