We get asked all the - is there a role of Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy in Pregnancy? The quick answer is yes. Read on to learn why!
During pregnancy, your body undergoes many physical and hormonal changes as the baby (or babies) grow.
At your sessions, we can address:
- Pelvic floor and core muscle strength and function and see how it changes throughout the pregnancy
- Discuss how the natural changes in your hormones can affect your pelvic floor
- Muscle relaxation techniques, which can help during delivery
- Push prep and positioning for when you are in labor
- This can help protect your pelvic floor and minimize tissue injury
- Any pregnancy-related pain or discomfort such as low back pain
- Early postpartum recovery
By coming for pelvic floor physiotherapy during pregnancy, it also provides us with baselines for the postpartum period. There is a growing body of research documenting the importance and benefits of doing pelvic floor physiotherapy both during pregnancy and postpartum. Call the clinic at 519-442-2206 or book online today to get started!
Interested in learning more?
Learn more about Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy!
Learn More About Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
About the Author - Sonia Gashgarian
Sonia Gashgarian is a registered physiotherapist who graduated with a Master of Science in Physical Therapy from the University of Toronto. Prior to this she completed her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with Honours from the University of Waterloo. Sonia has completed courses in sports taping and basic kinesio-taping, as well as the McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy and Mulligan Concept. She also has her APTEI Acupuncture and Dry Needling Certification.
Sonia uses a variety of treatment techniques to help clients feel better and return to their regular activities as soon as possible. Her individualized treatments may include the following: education, joint mobilizations, exercise prescription, soft tissue release, trigger point release, taping, acupuncture and dry needling, cupping, and Gua Sha.
To book in please call us at (519) 442-2206 or click here.