GET ASSESSED AND BEGIN TREATMENT SOON AFTER AN ACCIDENT
If you or a loved one have been in a motor vehicle accident, it's important to be assessed and treated soon after by a licensed Physiotherapist or Chiropractor. They will work with you to design a treatment plan and recommend any additional services, such as massage therapy, to aid in a speedy recovery.
Although some injuries do require rest and recovery, it's important for a health care practitioner to assess and inform you of the best course of action.
Some injuries do require prompt onset of treatment or advise on how to manage things at home until treatment is safe to start.
HOW DO WE SET UP APPOINTMENTS FOR MVAs AT ABSOLUTE?
The assessment (1 hr) and subsequent follow up appointments (30 mins) are always administered by the same practitioners, in a one-on-one setting.
The assessment must always be carried out by either a Physiotherapist or Chiropractor. Massage therapy needs to be approved by your insurance company, and is usually involved as part of a Motor Vehicle Accident Claim. In some cases a patient may see a physiotherapist, chiropractor and massage therapist, depending on the severity of their case and what their primary health care provider determines is necessary.
Although exercise is part of your plan, our practitioners are all manual based, hands-on practitioners.
You will get the same quality and duration of treatment as our private paying patients.
WHAT'S THE PROCESS TO GET STARTED?
- Contact your Auto Insurance Company and make a Personal Injury Claim.
- Your insurance company will send you a package of forms through the mail. They will also issue you a claim number.
- Of those forms - we only need the OCF-1 and OCF-5 to get started. Click here to get the OCF-1 and here to get the OCF-5.
- If you fill these forms out, print them off and bring them to the clinic (or email them to us at email@example.com). We can get the process started sooner for you.
- For your first appointment, make sure your OCF-1 and OCF-5 are complete, bring your driver's license if you have one, and come 15 minutes early to fill out some consent forms at the clinic. We will also send you some forms via email prior to your first appointment.